Pages

Friday 16 December 2011

The post - new year note I

Bismillah,

I am now at Monas Library, Level 2 – one of the port where I’d loved to dwell myself in. Once I stepped inside this morning, the library felt very familiar. It was the same air and intactness. It did feel like the normal weekend’s morning when we came to hang around here during our second and third years. The ambiance floated around and jolted me to consciousness of the present and the past. I love this place.

As being told in the Qur’an, every term would not last. At the end of patience and perseverance, things really feel all right. The years that were so much a headache leave us with a relief and contentment once we become grateful enough. In the hereafter we will be asked’ “How long have you spent on earth?”- and we will feel like we have only spent a day, or half a day or an instant of a wink living on earth. The same goes with all joys or omissions, they would leave with only a mere trace. What left are only us, the way we are today. From Al-Imam Ghazali, 'the farthest away is the past’. I could not agree more. There is nothing to change about the past; we would always in the need to just strive forward.

I guess I am very much a melancholic but positive person, I am definitely going to miss this place. I guess I know well what did I left at that school and what do I miss from it now. Now it would be over for Monas as well and I will be carrying Monas years ahead in my life and my head. I would miss the tense, the sense and the scent. I would miss your flashes and the moment I kept getting the flashes here and there. I would miss our labs and our buildings and our library and our lecture theatres and our café and our conducive surau. I would miss my seats in the aquarium, at Level 2, at project’s workspace and everywhere we have belonged to. Someday later, maybe it is not the place itself that I’d be missing and it maybe not the people themselves anymore, yet I am sure I would be missing the same great thing that I miss from the school nearby the waterfall.


0n 13th December, To remain in memory, Monas and life

No comments: